Looking West over Harkers Island. The island, located in Down East Carteret County, was purchased by Ebenezer Harker in 1730. It became known as Harkers Island soon after his death. Major industries on the island include fishing, boat building, tourism, and waterfowl decoy carving. The National Park Service and the Core Sound Waterfowl and History Museum can be seen on the eastern end of the island.
June 7th, 2017
Viewed 2,711 Times - Last Visitor from Wilmington, DE on 11/30/2023 at 5:40 AM